Project 041

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you tell me the difference between the 2

I know they have different part numbers but they look the same

i got a super and 2 reg 041 and 1 in the build process

The FB series usually had one leg coming out for the rear handle. The AV series has a different type of handle. It connects to the top handle with two post on the rear handle.

The FB series usually had one leg coming out for the rear handle. The AV series has a different type of handle. It connects to the top handle with two post on the rear handle.

i meant intake blocks

i have both 041's

and a super and a 041 av and a 041 fb

Pictures ... we need pictures.

I have an 041 AV that I picked up over the summer. Nice saw but a bit on the heavy side. I use mine with a 20" bar here on the farm. Not a high RPM saw but I like the low end torque.

Where does one obtain replacement Anti-Vibe Bushings?

I'm loving all the 041 talk!

Could I please be a horrible hijacker and beg for a digital copy of the 041 or 041av manual? papp101 at gmail dot com.

Much appreciated and I'll chime in more when mine is torn apart!

I still have some parts left over from this guy I sold recently

asset.php

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/190402.htm

Heres my saw getting done by Randy (Mastermind)

I did all the powdereing on it !

Take your time and go thru it thoughly !

Its a fun project

It runs great pulling a 24 bar and chain !

I looked at the IPL it does show to different numbers but i never seen different intakes ,how do you tell the difference ?

Well, you all will be a bit disappointed in me... I may have torn the saw down before I took any pictures of the complete package. For this, I would like to apologize. I will have quite a few pictures up tomorrow of what we are working with though. Overall, the super is pretty nice. Had good compression, but I tore it down anyway. Piston has light scoring. Cylinder looks great. Extremely dirty. I will need new fuel line, plug wire, impulse line, and a few other small parts. I will also split the case and clean it out while I have it torn down. Might as well rebuild the carb too. There is an ear broken off that holds the top corner of the starter assembly on. That seems to be the only damage.

More to follow.

Adam

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/190402.htm

Heres my saw getting done by Randy (Mastermind)

I did all the powdereing on it !

Take your time and go thru it thoughly !

Its a fun project

It runs great pulling a 24 bar and chain !

I looked at the IPL it does show to different numbers but i never seen different intakes ,how do you tell the difference ?

:bowdown: There are 2 intakes i looked thru my box of parts the first couple i pulled out where the same but the last 2 where the green material but one had a 2 in a box on and one had a 1 in the box next to 1110

turned them over and the cyl side port is bigger than the other but the carb side is the same so i stand corrected !

:bowdown: There are 2 intakes i looked thru my box of parts the first couple i pulled out where the same but the last 2 where the green material but one had a 2 in a box on and one had a 1 in the box next to 1110

turned them over and the cyl side port is bigger than the other but the carb side is the same so i stand corrected !

The side that the carb mounts to look the same. It the cylinder side that looks different. I think the super might be a bit taller too. I can't remember.

When i compared the 2 the larger super was shorter by about a1/8 inch

Im not sure if the 208 carb is taller than the 138 carb ill have to look in the parts box

Latest posts

Back