Project Farm tests 661 vs. knockoff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That clone did pretty good, they just keep getting better, it's hard to call them junk now lol.
Nothing broke or needed fiddled with at all, it just needed tuned, they set them very rich so guys dont burn them up on a mill.
My 066 clone needed an oil pump mod and new gas/oil caps pretty much out of the box.

That clone did pretty good, they just keep getting better, it's hard to call them junk now lol.
Nothing broke or needed fiddled with at all, it just needed tuned, they set them very rich so guys dont burn them up on a mill.
My 066 clone needed an oil pump mod and new gas/oil caps pretty much out of the box.
Doesn't change the fact he is supporting a company that copies proven technology and utilizes the cheapest labor and one of the dirtiest manufacturing hubs in the world.
People piss and moan about the price of a 660, at least Stihl and Husky provide a living for tens of thousands of people, plus dealers, and pay taxes into their community. Holzforma employs around 100 people with ~ $10 million in annual sales - most of that courtesy of the good ol' USA (who'd of thought, we like cheap junk).
It comes down to a select few at Holzforma making bank while the rest of the employees sweat it out for a few bucks a day if they are lucky.

Pretty much everything is built with chinese parts now, a bunch of the parts in the stihl are from china, they only put them together in the us.
Ford couldnt sell any vehicles for a bit until their computer chips came in from china but they're made in the usa lol.
They're all imports to me, no saws are made in canada.

Bad comparison.....

How many employees does Ford have in the US?

Then you have the suppliers. More than half a million supplier jobs are affected by the strike if the 2nd round goes through.

Then you have the dealerships.

Then you have all the support businesses - restaurants, retail, etc.

This is the result of a legitimate business from engineering to manufacturing to sales and service.

Quite the contrast of 100 people over at a copy cat company, 90 of which are likely making peanuts.

Back