Project homie: 10403A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefflac02

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So what I thought was going to be a simple oil line change has turned into a bigger project. The oil line for the auto oiler was old and began to split, so I thought I would replace it. Simple right?

It now appears I will have to take at least the clutch off and maybe more. I will post pics once I get them off my phone. Any help as to how to tackle this, would be appreciated. I am really excited about learning how to work on this saw

Hey dude, I understand you're a newbie and all, but 1043A gives me NO Clue as to what it is. Yes it's a Homelite, but what model? By name if possible please or by photograph. EZ, EZ6, 7-19, XL-12, Zip, 9-23. This sort of nomenclature we can get a grip on. There's a plate mounted in various locations with a serial #. The name or no. is also there. Or it's on a decal. Help us help you.
Igpoe:cheers:

Hey dude, I understand you're a newbie and all, but 1043A gives me NO Clue as to what it is. Yes it's a Homelite, but what model? By name if possible please or by photograph. EZ, EZ6, 7-19, XL-12, Zip, 9-23. This sort of nomenclature we can get a grip on. There's a plate mounted in various locations with a serial #. The name or no. is also there. Or it's on a decal. Help us help you.
Igpoe:cheers:

When I seen the title I immediately thought it was about one of those newer plastic Homelites but the OP says the auto oiler line is old and degraded, it might be one of the better magnesium saws.....:msp_confused:

Decimal Dude to the rescue....

I think this is a UT# for a Homelite Super EZ

To the OP - Does it look like this?

Homelitesaws008.jpg

Homelite super EZ

Didn't mean to make it a guessing game. Sorry guys. This saw is older than I am. Based on the serial number I believe it is was made in 1979. Have to go to a viewing tonight, but I will try to get pictures uploaded tonight. Thanks for all the help guys

Didn't mean to make it a guessing game. Sorry guys. This saw is older than I am. Based on the serial number I believe it is was made in 1979. Have to go to a viewing tonight, but I will try to get pictures uploaded tonight. Thanks for all the help guys

You da man guido! You win the prize (if there was one)

View attachment 270611View attachment 270612View attachment 270613

Guys, here are the photos I promised. The line goes from inside the oil tank, down beside the muffler, through a hole in the frame into the auto oiler. It's seems like it will be a tight fit to get through the holes, so any advice would be appreciated. I was thinking I could put a little oil on the outside of the line to provide lubrication and help it slide. Thanks for your advice. I love learning how to work on this saw. I have never been mechanically inclined , but other than being a tight fit, I feel this is a pretty simple saw to start on.

Latest posts

Back