Project Stumpbroke Dolmar PS-540

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice improvement there.

Those saws respond very well to a MM and retune. Mine WAS quite sluggish (think MS290, but lighter) but now runs and cuts like my stock 357xp.

Stock 27.87
with Stihl Piston 19.20:msp_thumbsup:

It liked that grabby chain alot better after the port job:msp_thumbsup:

7 secs. is a nice gain . Do you think the finger ports helped ? Good to see someone massaging an open port saw too !

According to my 3rd grade edumacation I got 8.67 second gain.....jus sayin.........31% increase

Nice! I recently rebuilt one of these and added only a MM. The owner is very happy with it. Should have seen the condition of the P/C when it first came in!

Nice! I recently rebuilt one of these and added only a MM. The owner is very happy with it. Should have seen the condition of the P/C when it first came in!

Good, light, sturdy saws... Now this one actually runs the way it should!

Good, light, sturdy saws... Now this one actually runs the way it should!

It was pretty easy to work on. Just don't like those stupid Torx screws :mad: At least an allen screw you can reach at an angle :cool2: Other than that it was a nicely built saw.

7 secs. is a nice gain . Do you think the finger ports helped ? Good to see someone massaging an open port saw too !

I don't think they hurt anything. any extra flow will produce gains.

According to my 3rd grade edumacation I got 8.67 second gain.....jus sayin.........31% increase

31% aint bad I guess.

With permission from the owner of the Dollie I have a comparison vid of a Husky 350 I just got done with. All 350 parts except for the piston. These two saws share the same pistons.
I also used the same bar & chain, a 20" 3/8.
[video=youtube_share;-yGnkDLPDpA]http://youtu.be/-yGnkDLPDpA[/video]

Just got home and ran the 540... Gave it mor fuel and ran it again...
I like... This thing likes fuel!!!
I'll whip it like a rented mule tomorrow and keep giving it more fuel till it gags...
This is gonna be one of those "fat girls"...
The fatter it is, the harder it works...
:msp_sneaky:

My 2171 is on the cheerleader diet right now . Hopefully this coil works if not depression will set in. Brighter note everything else I have runs great. But your 540 looks pretty good like the pull. And Stumpy that 350 looked pretty wicked.

I've come to the conclusion everyone needs a ported 50cc saw...
Just something about cutting wood with a 10 pound ball of nasty...:rock:

Latest posts

Back