ProMac 700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FixIt20

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Put my PM700 to work a little bit last Saturday, and it seems to run well when it's running. When the saw is cold, the saw will consistently start in a few pulls, but when it is warmed up, it is practically impossible to start unless I lay it on its side like the picture shows, then it will start with about a half dozen pulls.

I really don't know why it does this, but maybe someone on here does.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 0
It seems to run a 28 inch bar through red oak okay. Not fast, but it gets the job done. With the bar buried, I timed a cut through one side of the log 39 inches thick at just over 4 minutes. Just in case you're curious, the top of the stump measures 52 inches across.

Attachments

• 20240302_114739.jpg
    20240302_114739.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 0
Put my PM700 to work a little bit last Saturday, and it seems to run well when it's running. When the saw is cold, the saw will consistently start in a few pulls, but when it is warmed up, it is practically impossible to start unless I lay it on its side like the picture shows, then it will start with about a half dozen pulls.

I really don't know why it does this, but maybe someone on here does.
Thanks in advance.
It probably has a pto crank seal leak, and when its warmed up it worse, by laying it on the clutch cover you might get some oilmix to seep in the leaking seal and help it start .
Whats the fuel line look like?

It probably has a pto crank seal leak, and when its warmed up it worse, by laying it on the clutch cover you might get some oilmix to seep in the leaking seal and help it start .
Whats the fuel line look like?

More and more, I go to case P/V test early in the diagnostic sequence.

Check for gas, spark, spark arrestor, look at piston, P&V test case/carb/fuel and impulse lines.

The macs are pretty easy to vac/press test. Probably your best bet since you can't get a cylinder easily for those saws. Those 70cc macs cut pretty well and would be a shame to destroy it.

Some say 5/6lbs some 10lbs. I go 8lbs for pressure and vacuum. Usually if it holds it for a few minutes your good but I always let it sit for a few hours or overnight. Pull the saw over while under vacuum.

Back