Proof of Insurance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which ever they prefer. If they ask, I tell them I have a copy of the form in my truck and show it to them. Though, it is not often folks ask...but I do tell everybody to ask to see insurance from whoever they are considering because that is one good way to avoid the fly-by-nights who will leave you hanging.

Very infrequiently has a client asked for their own copy - one residential client I can think of and only the really detailed/picky commercial clients. I mail that with the finalized contract. I had one person asked to be listed as "additionally insured". I called the agent on speaker phone with the client and the agent explained why that would be unneccessary - not providing the client any extra assurances that the standard policy wouldn't. He was sastified that he didn't need that.

I have a copy stapled to every proposal I write.
My hope is that when they get bids from other companies they ask for their proof.

There are too many guys running around with a sheet of paper that says they bought insurance not that they have insurance. If the customer wants it or I feel that I need it they get proof with the job location on it. I encourage the customer to make sure that the other company still has insurance and not trust the little print out. I end up getting the work sometimes because the other guy didn't pay his bills.​

I have a copy stapled to every proposal I write.
My hope is that when they get bids from other companies they ask for their proof.

I do the same. And to save paper & space, I actually have the sheet two sided, a copy of my business license on the back side along with a list of non-profits we donate to.

It may seem over the top, but I have had more people say they went with our service because it was just that much more professional.

Latest posts

Back