Propane now 99 cents / gallon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stoves will burn all night no problem when dampened down, but when it is well below zero out for a couple of months straight, I have to run them almost wide open and they burn a lot more wood, If I want the house near 70° in the morning I need to stoke them up at least once in the middle of the night. That is where I am starting to think hell with it and let the gas furnace kick on, I'm going to sleep.

My stoves will burn all night no problem when dampened down, but when it is well below zero out for a couple of months straight, I have to run them almost wide open and they burn a lot more wood, If I want the house near 70° in the morning I need to stoke them up at least once in the middle of the night. That is where I am starting to think hell with it and let the gas furnace kick on, I'm going to sleep.

So far, reading just a ton of different stove threads, I have yet to hear of anything that will burn as long as a blaze king.

Personally I just run a cheap old smogger, have to get up at night anyway, so if it needs it, drop another ugly in for overnighters action.

I rarely get up at night, stoke up before I go to bed. Leave thermostat at about 62-64. Usually around 65-66 in morning. I don't mind a little chilly. Better than too fn hot. Over 70 is not needed for wifey and I.

Still have not got my summer fill done yet. Not sure if they are gonna wait till fall or what.

We aren't that far apart and my supplier told me $1.79, what gives? That is a big spread, think I might be getting hosed.
oh, you are. dennis is one of the few independents left. IAS has taken over in most of ia,, an they keep the prices artificially inflated...dennis said Canada has such a glut of propain,, they are about to give it away....been that way for three years...............thanks to the DOTwerps,,you got to be insured, and licensed to damn near be a doctor,,to truck the stuff.........otherwise, bro has the semi, and I have the license.............

Back