propane tanks in mi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my own tank

I bought my own tank a few years back. Best thing I ever did. I was tied to a company who required that I buy at least every year and they were almost 2.00 per gallon more than any other company around. They would not even give me a price until I told then who I was so they could check my account to see how much I used and then adjust the price if I was not using enough. I am sure that I will pay for the tank in just a few years. Even if I do not save any money just the fact that they are no longer able to cheat me is enough to justify the price of the tank. And propane does not go bad so I can fill it once every 5 or 6 years. The tank from the old company had not been looked at in over 20 years so I have at least that long until I have to look at this one. Good luck getting your tank.

Well I think I found one.Talked to an old friend who also happens to deliver propane. 1000 gallon tank set in my yard for 800 from the company he drives for.I have my fingers crossed he said it will take 2 weeks to get it because they are so busy

own mine

Bought mine in 2005 when I built my house, mine is underground though. 1000 gal cost me about 1200.00 bucks installed.

well i bought my first load of propane on the open market for my new tank 1.79.9 per gallon.Its nice not having to pay fuel surcharge and this and that charge.just the cost of the fuel and 4% tax.My next problem will be getting my money back from my old propane dealer,I was on a budget plan and always stayed ahead,they have about 800 dollars of mine.I called them in August and told them I was buying my own tank as soon as I could.They said it would be no problem they will refund my money.That money is going towards my wood furnace!!

Yes propane prices are down ..way down do to the mild winter,,,, I bet some of the big wigs are just a crapin ...lol

I bought a 1000 gal. tank a couple of years ago. When I called a company to get it filled they wouldn't do it because my bill of sale was from an individual in stead of a major supplier. They seemed to think that there was no way to check to see if it was a "legal" sale.
I did find a company that would finely and they sold my first tankful to me for $1.69 a gal. This was 40 to 50 cents cheaper then any others. Now I have it filled in the summer when the price is down. BTY, that 1,000 gal tank would last for 2 years if I needed to. ( I don't burn wood or have any other heat source.)

I bought a 1000 gal. tank a couple of years ago. When I called a company to get it filled they wouldn't do it because my bill of sale was from an individual in stead of a major supplier. They seemed to think that there was no way to check to see if it was a "legal" sale.
I did find a company that would finely and they sold my first tankful to me for $1.69 a gal. This was 40 to 50 cents cheaper then any others. Now I have it filled in the summer when the price is down. BTY, that 1,000 gal tank would last for 2 years if I needed to. ( I don't burn wood or have any other heat source.)

WOW in Mi that would last 2 years.You must have a small efficient home

It is not too small but is super efficient, that is one of the reasons we don't have an OWB. The other is age. Right now I love cutting and working with wood but can I still do it in 3 or 4 years? Don't know, so now I cut wood for my son-in-law who does have one.

Latest posts

Back