Proper way OR TRICK to starting a 066???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JJ and Jerry told me "Enron" was a great stock to buy I would buy it now.

Stop posting, start rebuilding the carb( with photos along the way) and we'll have it running soon enough.

"2 stroke" and "Small engine repair" are some times like oil and water....they might mix...but not for long.

if his saw had flippy caps ,he wouldnt be having all these fuel cap issues :jester:

He needs to replace the onboard computer chip, it also controls the power windows......

Sheesh, anyone knows that!!!!!!

sounds like the carb needle isnt seating.

if you have gas running out the muffler youre about 10 miles past a "flooding"

You gotta pop your hips when you pull it.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

Maybe a trip to a Sthil dealer with a mechanic might be the answer. You think.

I just bought a 066 mag when i pull it over even without choke it floods to the point of gas spraying out of the de comp valve and then runs out muffler. this happens within 1 or 2 pulls. am i holding the saw wrong when i start it? my first big saw ... also it has a new plug. it then takes about 20 pulls to clean it out and then runs fine??????????

I just use my stunt double for those takes...

Did you pull the covers on that carb yet or what? Just the other day I was working on an 009L and it was flooding, alright more like a tsunami, It was shooting gas about a foot out of the plug hole. Sure enough the inlet needle lever was at about a 45 degree angle.

I was working on a little Poulan the other day that absolutely would not oil, so I kept changing out the bar and chain and still no oil, I did this about a hundred times even after I asked for help and still no oil, finally I took someones advice on here and I popped off the clutch and low and behold the oilier was missing, so it wasn't my bar and chain after all.:D:laugh::D

well, i last told everyone i left the fuel cap slightly loose the other day. and today when i went to start it it started on the first pull and then ran fine. I also started it with the saw in the horizontal position. I had been holding trigger and handle with right hand and pulling back on rope with left hand with the bar nearly touching the ground ( this is how my dad taught me) and always worked on mid range saws. for now i will, when i'm done using the saw release the pressure in the tank and push the de comp valve and leave it like that while it sits.

I have no problem physicaly pulling the thing over. it actualy pulls easier than my ms 290.

also not scared of the carb rebuild. just dont want to if not needed

Normally, 12-15 lbs tank pressure will have no effect on how the chainsaw starts or runs.

But, if your "POP-OFF" pressure setting of the metering valve in the carburetor is set too low, tank pressure will have a serious effect on how the chainsaw runs.

I have no problem physicaly pulling the thing over. it actualy pulls easier than my ms 290.

also not scared of the carb rebuild. just dont want to if not needed

Here's the deal.

066 floods without choke with 1 or 2 pulls on starter.=CARB WORK
Additional 20 pulls to un-flood, freak'n magical.

066 that floods with 1 or 2 pulls not using the choke all the while being easier to pull over than your 290.=well now, do tell, did it always do this or is it a recent development?

If it is a recent development and perhaps the 2 pulls is actually 20 pulls then it is time to pull the muffler off and post some pictures of your new paper weight. If not then procede with CARB WORK.

have only owned the saw two weeks didnt start flooding like this till i really cranked down the gas cap wich was leaking a bit. it is flooding while it sits. then when i go to pull it, the gas in the cylinder sprays out the de comp valve. have found it does not flood when it sits if i release the pressure in the tank after i shut it off.. actauly starts on first pull no choke 40 degrees out,, and runs perfect

I have been told to rebuild the carb wich i will do

it has a de comp valve and does pull easier than the ms290 , maybe its a better recoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back