Props to Evan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
That "Fiskars Super Splitter" looks nice, would that do a better job of splitting wood than this 8LB splitter I've been using?, I don't know what brand this one is but I do remember it had an Amercian flag decal on it.

axeLarge.jpg

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I just wanted to give a public thank you to Evan. A while back, I sent him an unlimited coil to him for his 372XP. He didn't have the dough at the time, so I just gave it to him. So unbeknowns to me, he decides to buy me a Fiskars Super Splitter. Now that's what I call a deal!:) Thanks Evan! I'll put it to good use next time I work firewood with my BIL.

709383203_3dP25-L.jpg

709383380_VwP9k-M.jpg

That's a very good axe! :clap::clap:

I have had mine for 10 years, and it has survived lots of use, and quite some abuse as well, using it as a sledge.....:cheers:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
That "Fiskars Super Splitter" looks nice, would that do a better job of splitting wood than this 8LB splitter I've been using?, I don't know what brand this one is but I do remember it had an Amercian flag decal on it.

axeLarge.jpg

Maybe not, but then it is much lighter and handier, and almost maintenace free, even after being left for weeks in sun and rain.....:)

PatrickIreland

PatrickIreland

ArboristSite Guru
Brilliant axes. I was splitting wood with a friend whose dad heats with wood, just 14" or so stuff. We swapped round, he took the axe and I the maul. 2 swings, 2 perfect splits and he said "Well, I know what I'm getting MY dad for Christmas!":clap:

HEAVY FUEL

HEAVY FUEL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Grantsburg, WI, Gateway to the swamps of Minnesota
Mind your toes, Brad.

The handle is shorter than most ( especially tall ) guys are used to and goes through the wood faster than you think. I bend with my knees when swinging making sure it goes straight down. They are great but alot of people get hurt with them when they try to roundhouse.

Evanrude

Evanrude

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nice!!!

They're great axes! I've got one and a maul as well. Between the two, I think the Fiskars still gets used a little bit more. Most of my cutting is 20 DBH or bigger oak. For me, its a little more accurate than the maul - probably due to the weight difference. Sometimes, it will split stuff the maul cant. I started wearing steel toes when I bought this axe, they are a definite must.

whitedogone

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Way to go Evan! I've had one of these in my shopping cart a couple of times. As I pushed that cart around the big box store, I can't keep from looking at the short handle on the thing. Since I kind of rammy, I just put the thing back on the shelf before it has a chance to bite me. WDO

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
yeah i was waitn to hear to. i havent orderd mine yet.

not sure im going to though my 8lb maul does well in my knotty doug fir , ive seen branches 10"s round andthere aint no splitting them wht the maul

Latest posts