protective pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Tom Dunlap
Fresco sells Johnny pants.

Brian will whine because he has internet access through the "Tin Can and String" server :)

http://www.frescoarborist.com/

Tom
LMAO! Sometimes it seems that way! But I locked into a 3 year deal when I bought my first 'puter (at $10 per month with no popups/ ads/ etc.) and upgrading to high speed would almost double my monthly cost, even taking the second phone line into consideration. I think we covered that about a month ago.

BRB, gotta go get some CHEESE to go with my WHINE! :laugh:

I bought a pair of husky arbor pants from CCD last spring. They are very well vented and are designed for summer use. The description in the catalog doesn't specify that they are "summer pants", but just ask the sales rep about them. The pro forest delux and pro forest logger pants are "winter" pants, while the arbor pants are "summer" pants. I wore them all summer long with no problems.

Kurt

Tom D,
Do you wear those Jonnie pants when in the tree? How do they run on size (is 32-34" really that size?)? What about wearing over another pair of pants?

My first boss used to deal with that Montreal, Quebec supplier and got good service. I have a pair of the "Filature" pants they list in their catalogue, they are actually made by "Filature Ile Verte(FIV)", are CSA/UL approved, and are the better of the two pairs I have. Think I paid about $89 Cdn for them which is only US$60.

All arborist wear chainsaw pants here as its the law, they are a pain in summer but they have there place. They saved my butt (and knees and hip) in jan, not due to a saw but coming off my bike doing about 75mph. You can pick up a local made pair here for about 60 US dollars or 120 NZ dollars.
Ours only have armour in the front, uk ones have armour at the back of the calves as well. They make effective uniform and makes it easy to spot fellow tree men around town.

Eric,

I think that they are pretty true to size. I would wear a 32/34 and mine fit nice.

I would never wear another pair of pants under them. That would be TOO warm and make it hard to bend your legs. Maybe a pair of athletic shorts incase you wanted to drop them down at break time. In the winter I wear polypro long underwear and they are very comfortable.

Tom

I can not see wearing anything but a pair of long underwear under them, and even then only only cooler days. All through last winter I wore the pants, and a pair of Carhardt bib overalls over them, and was very comfortable, even on the coldest of days.

Latest posts

Back