PS 7900 Maiden Voyage...Today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dapper Dan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Gettin ready to head out to my son in laws to cut up some good sized firewood.
This'll be the first time out for the Dolmar.
Also first time out for my newly revamped (again) home made logsplitter.
Notice on the left side (between the toolboxes) I've added a 12 volt air compressor. It goes 0 to 120 PSI in 90 seconds. Be interesting to see if the generator on the splitter motor (10 hp briggs IC, elec start) can keep the battery up.

All I gotta say is....WOW!
She's all you boys said she was, and more.
We were cutting up some locust and some hard maple.
Most all the pieces were bigger than the 24" bar, some allot bigger.
My son in law had left em to last cause all he has is little saws. ;)
The look on his face after I made that first cut was....PRICELESS!
His comment was "How come I never heard of Dolmar?"
He thought it was a light sabre! (specially after I let him run her).
I didn't think it was a light sabre but she sure was smooth in the cut, powerful and excellent anti-vibe. I expect I'll like it even better after a few tanks and a non lawyer chain on her.
For some stupid reason I grabbed the saw by the front of the powerhead after I'd shut it off for refueling.....MAN is that muffler...HOT! My left index is gonna be one sore sumabeech in the mornin. (Still have no feeling....yet)
I also took out my lowly "homeowner grade" 029 Super to see how she ran after the muffler mod, new chain and bar. I don't know which of those things helped the most be she smoked too. Much better than it ever ran. Made the chips fly! (Thanks for all your tips, fellas).

Now, if I could just learn to sharpen chain correctly!

Here is a picture of my son in law giving the 7900 a workout.

That Muffler Can Sure Be Hot!

All I gotta say is....WOW!
She's all you boys said she was, and more.
We were cutting up some locust and some hard maple.
Most all the pieces were bigger than the 24" bar, some allot bigger.
My son in law had left em to last cause all he has is little saws. ;)
The look on his face after I made that first cut was....PRICELESS!
His comment was "How come I never heard of Dolmar?"
He thought it was a light sabre! (specially after I let him run her).
I didn't think it was a light sabre but she sure was smooth in the cut, powerful and excellent anti-vibe. I expect I'll like it even better after a few tanks and a non lawyer chain on her.
For some stupid reason I grabbed the saw by the front of the powerhead after I'd shut it off for refueling.....MAN is that muffler...HOT! My left index is gonna be one sore sumabeech in the mornin. (Still have no feeling....yet)
I also took out my lowly "homeowner grade" 029 Super to see how she ran after the muffler mod, new chain and bar. I don't know which of those things helped the most be she smoked too. Much better than it ever ran. Made the chips fly! (Thanks for all your tips, fellas).

Now, if I could just learn to sharpen chain correctly!

Here is a picture of my son in law giving the 7900 a workout.

Never would have happened if you would have stuck with a Poulan PRO :hmm3grin2orange: Get well soon! Everyone seems to like that 7900...must be something to it!

The skin on my finger feels like cardboard.
Hoping the tree service drops some more big stuff of at the son in laws soon. We cut up EVERYTHING this afternnon and I still have two brand new saws that are virgins. (MS 361 & Dolmar 5100).
All in all...A great way to spend a Christmas afternoon!
Helped work off all that Turkey & Ham. ;)

OK...I gotta go clean up my saws!

041 is missing in action
Loaned it to someone, can't remember who, and it never came home.
Should probably take it out of the lineup as I'll probably never see it again.
I think I have a old 046 inbound though.
It was offered to me for $250. with a 24" bar.
Haven't seen it yet though.

I just purchased a 7900 also...thanks to the information on this website. I walked out of the store with that thing and set it down next to my ancient Poulan Pro 375 Farmer and said, "Boy, you have lost your mind."

One tank of gas later, all I could say was, "Wow!" "What was I waiting on?"

Super saw!

Back