Ps in dolmar should be pos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have a one year warranty so take it back to where you bought it. It sounds like it was adjusted wrong and you kept running it till it blew?

PM me the name of the dealer you purchased it from and i'll see what I can do on my end.

Scott's out of town the rest of the week so you're not getting him fired up. What part of Ohio you in? Anywhere near sandusky?

Steve

WOW!!!!
As I said, don't try and tell me something elementary. Whats it sound like if a saw is ran lean? I knew this would start a fight but I don't care, this is to let all the folks know what is what. Maybe the newbies who have CAD which is not a word, that if you wanna buy a saw stay away from johnny come lately or his older disowned brother.
One symptom of a saw being too lean is not idling right. The fix is often as simple as turning the adjustment screw on the carburetor. Maybe your saw was a pos and maybe it wasn't, but one thing is for sure. You are not qualified nor able to know the difference if you ran the saw when it was not operating correctly.

That would be like someone forgetting to tighten their lug nuts, having a tire come off, continue driving until the vehicle is demolished, and then complain that the car was a piece of junk.

So.... you don't like the Dolmar saws, you say? :monkey:

Well, cannot say I ever owned one, becasue I have not. I investigated being a Dolmar dealer once, but it was way too much overhead, and I would have to have a repair shop on site. Biggest reason I never bought one was the lack of dealers in the west US. Or lack of availability when I actually made it to a Dolmar dealer here.

BTW: Are either the Dolly PS 350 or PS 410 out in the states yet? Or are there MORE delays???

There are some PS-350 & PS-420's in North Carolina (Amicks already has them in stock) They have not showed up in the North East warehouse yet but should be in anyday.

Steve
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=72925

Man, those Ohio summers must really be rough on a saw!

I have a 7900 running daily for 2 years with 0 problems. I do carry extra filters though (Dolmars weak point). I have a couple of 372's with the big filters, and a 357 running along side the dolmar and I have to clean those filters daily too. I could probably get two days out of the 372's, but why push your luck. It only takes a few minutes to clean a filter in the evening. I'll bet I spend 15 minutes every evening cleaning all my filters.

I hate to say it, but you sound like some of the guy's who bash Stihl, or Husky..............................And about as credible I might add.

Andy

Lock and Load.

elite_machine_gun.gif

Well we have sold over 200 of the 5100's and a very large number of 460's and have only had one with piston failure and it was fuel related! I have had some 5100 with intake manifolds leaking which could have been your issue!

I lost a wheel once. Old school Alum. mags on a 4X4, it sucked!!!

Back to the saw, I just haveone thing to add.

GO ECHO!!!!!!!!!!

:givebeer: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Crappy Air Filters...Burnt Cylinders...Time to Step up to the BIG LEAGUES!

CS8000.jpg

Back