Quadra-fire controls ?'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rls-ia

Reaction score
Hi all, I just bought a 3100 Quadra fire, (not a step top) and need help understanding the draft controls. The online manual shows one with a timer, mine has two rods, one bottom center the other , right lower corner. I'm putting the chimney in now so I haven't built a fire yet.
Thank You, Bob

Here is what I do with my Quadrafire, might be different than yours.

the rod on the right is for starting the fire only, air enters in at the rear of the stove, push it all the way in to start a fire, once going I pull it all the way out. The center rod, push in to start a fire then pull out about half way to maintain the temps you are looking for. That air enters in the front, bottom center of the stove.

Thank you, I should have the chimney done tomorrow then there will be smoke.

When I talked to my dealer a while back he stated that the only real advantage of the ACC that he saw is that you could start the fire without cracking the door at the start and with the time you couldn't forget and leave the startup air on.

I have a 3100i ACT and really have nothing but good things to say about it after 7 years. The pipe outlet was designed too far forward but I resolved that issue years ago.

We got the stove in about noon just in time for the snow and wind. Can't believe How much heat it squeezes out of the wood. Last stove I had was an Earth stove. this one is much better.
Thanks again for the help.
Bob

I have the 3100i acc unit. I have the burn rate adjustment on the toproght and the start up air control on the bottom right. Any tips for maintaining good heat outputs and saving my firewood. And is the timer suppose to pull the self start rod back closed?? This is my second year with it. Got it last January. Tryimg to dial the thing in. Any tips concerning this unit would be appreciated

As far as I know the timer is supposed to pull the self start rod closed which is the same function as the 3100i ACT startup air. How are you loading your wood? What size splits are you using? How much are you trying to heat?

As far as I know the timer is supposed to pull the self start rod closed which is the same function as the 3100i ACT startup air. How are you loading your wood? What size splits are you using? How much are you trying to heat?

So the self startup rod is supposed to pull itself closed?? From what I read and gather it's an internal snap disc that closes off the air but not the actual rod itself . From what I get there the self start rod is supposed to be always pulled out when burning and enless pushed 3/8 inches in to allow rear air to burn in back of the fire box. I cut mine to 16" pieces some 18. Main level is under 1400 sqft.

I do not think the rod is supposed to be pulled closed on the ACC system. I've got a 2700i (& started my first fire of the season tonight), and don't think I've ever seen the rod move on its own.

I do not think the rod is supposed to be pulled closed on the ACC system. I've got a 2700i (& started my first fire of the season tonight), and don't think I've ever seen the rod move on its own.
I agree. I believe I've got it figured ot now! Just trtimg to dial it in. First fire of the season here too!20150930_204334.jpg

Once you get the secondaries going on top & just a few "big" flames, it's pretty peaceful just to sit & watch the fire.

Back