Quality control on new Homelite=RECALL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewspens

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Recalls

Brake failure on Homelite chain saws
November 4, 2008
About 370,000 Homelite chain saws, made in China and imported by Homelite Consumer Products Inc., are being recalled because the chain brake can fail to stop the chain on its first application, posing a risk of injury.

No injuries have been reported.

The recalled Homelite brand chain saws include the model numbers UT10514, UT10516, UT10517, UT10518, UT10520, UT10540, UT10560 and UT10918.

Affected products have manufacture dates between November 2007 and August 2008. The products were sold at Home Depot stores nationwide between December 2007 and October this year. Info: 800-242-4672; by Web at http://www.homelite.com or http://www.cpsc.gov .

About as surprising as Lindsey Lohan going back into rehab. "It is what we thought it was".

Edit: Good info, nonetheless, for those with these Homelite models.

Last edited:
Is Homelite still in business? I repair generators, and last year tried to order some parts, and got a recorded message that said "Thank you for calling, Homelite blah blah blah operations are closed, we apologize for any inconvenience" then they gave a number to some other outfit for customer service, but I was told that the company was bankrupt, and no parts were available, nor would they be in the future. Maybe the saws are a different product line? I dunno, I'd personally avoid them like the plague, along with all those other Chinese specials. :censored:

Is Homelite still in business? I repair generators, and last year tried to order some parts, and got a recorded message that said "Thank you for calling, Homelite blah blah blah operations are closed, we apologize for any inconvenience" then they gave a number to some other outfit for customer service, but I was told that the company was bankrupt, and no parts were available, nor would they be in the future. Maybe the saws are a different product line? I dunno, I'd personally avoid them like the plague, along with all those other Chinese specials. :censored:
Homelite is still in business, it looks like they are now owned by a Chinese firm called, "TTI" though.
I never even knew that Homelite made generators.
If Homelites are made in China, theres yet another reason why I wouldnt own one. I try to avoid, "Made In China" whenever possible.

Back