question: 272xp fuel tank vent ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woojr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
First thank you for reading... I believe I have a fuel tank venting problem. About half tank into running, stops getting fuel. Crack the cap, let it sit a couple minutes, choke a little and she'll run most of second half the tank.

I located the vent, tried blowing through it (into the tank) I think it's plugged up. I'm not sure how to remove it. There's a slot in the rubber and it'll turn but not spin out. Any help appreciated before I put a screw in it and pull it. Thanks again, John

tank vent

You might want to try using a VERY small drill bit and run it in the opening. This is only a temporary fix though as when felling fuel will leak, but very little

Mine had the same problem and I tried carb cleaner, etc., etc. and I had to end up using a screw to pull the old one out, Good Luck.

On my Husky 55 I believe you have to remove the fuel tank vent from inside the tank. I can't remember if you can push it in from the outside, but for sure I remember having to install the new one with a very long pair of bent needle nose pliers. Actually, it was easy once I figured out which way it went. So if yours doesn't pull out with a screw, push it back inside the tank, etc.

Back