question about 026 intake retro fit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikemike

loud pipes save lives
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone knows of a different stihl intake boot to fit the stihl 026. Im looking to find a boot with a bigger I.D. that still fits the 026 jug so i can run a bigger bore carb without the boot being the smallest diameter between jug and carb. Please let me know if any of you Have had a chance to look through your stash of parts and if you find a bigger version of the intake plz post part numbers. Thanks mike

How much modification are you willing to do for a bigger boot?
Well i would like to keep the same carb stud mounts if i have to hog out the carb adapter plate where the boot flange seets by a couple mm il be fine with that. I heard the 044 carb fits 026

Well i would like to keep the same carb stud mounts if i have to hog out the carb adapter plate where the boot flange seets by a couple mm il be fine with that. I heard the 044 carb fits 026
It does with some playing around. Not extremely difficult but not a direct plug and play. The only way to get a bigger boot is to grind the boot opening and work on the intake flange. That's why I'm asking how far you want to go. The studs will be the same.

Id go a couple 2 to 4 mm on the flange plate 034 0r 036 size carb would be ideal so its not over carbureted i still want it reliable and i want it to wax my 034 and poulan with a cheep pipe

Id go a couple 2 to 4 mm on the flange plate 034 0r 036 size carb would be ideal so its not over carbureted i still want it reliable and i want it to wax my 034 and poulan with a cheep pipe
Just use the HD off a 290. Same carb body as the 044 carbs with smaller venturi. The issue with doing this will be do you need a choke or not?

Just use the HD off a 290. Same carb body as the 044 carbs with smaller venturi. The issue with doing this will be do you need a choke or not?
The 026 choke is built in to air filter so that is not an issue. Hell i will even put the 026 throttle rod in a different carb body not hard to do

It'll be a problem because the filter won't fit.
Lil duct tape and jb lock weld lol im pretty good with making things work bore the filter out and screw on some lexan to choke flap might work or i will just pull it slow and let it pump fuel in till there is a pop

Lil duct tape and jb lock weld lol im pretty good with making things work bore the filter out and screw on some lexan to choke flap might work or i will just pull it slow and let it pump fuel in till there is a pop
Squirt bottle is the easiest option for starting. But first thing you need to do is get the boot you want to use.

yeah the boot is my main concern part numbers would be nice. My jug will flow more than my intake will allow
Don't get hung up on flow. You can only contain so much efficiently. Fuel blowing out the muffler doesn't make power.

Built in. Trick is making your switch and a rod work.
Yeah a return spring and some adjustable links for my rc plane hobby can fix the choke issue ball links Z bend links the boot is my concern i dont want to get on hlsupply and buy every boot for cut off saws and chainsaws just to find one boot. Im not rich to many kids

Yeah a return spring and some adjustable links for my rc plane hobby can fix the choke issue ball links Z bend links the boot is my concern i dont want to get on hlsupply and buy every boot for cut off saws and chainsaws just to find one boot. Im not rich to many kids
You still won't have an air filter. I can tell you what to do if you tell me what boot you want to use.

Yeah flooding engines is an embarrassment. I use to build hill climb bikes and made some great power for cheep but space was not an issue on those.

Latest posts

Back