Question about Live Edge Tables

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breribriar

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been considering getting a live edge table for my dining room, but I'm unsure about a few things and would love some advice.

how durable are live edge tables compared to traditional ones? I'm worried about the longevity, especially with daily use. Also, I'm curious about maintenance. Do they require special care compared to regular tables?

I'm interested in the pricing range for these tables. Are they generally more expensive due to their unique design?

Any insights or personal experiences with live edge tables would be greatly appreciated!

I'm interested in the pricing range for these tables. Are they generally more expensive due to their unique design?

Any insights or personal experiences with live edge tables would be greatly appreciated!
Pricing range is all over the planet, completely dependent on how rare a large slab of a given wood is. Consistent 36" width single slab dining tables of any wood are going to usually be $3-4k on up to $25k or more. Big trees are increasingly rare. Live edge isn't what makes a slab unique and expensive, the sheer slab size is what does. Many are made from huge tropical mild hardwoods like monkeypod and parota/guanacaste, that aren't that heavy. I got my start in woodworking making guanacaste live edge tables in Mexico. Big dense native hardwoods like white oak are going to take two or three people to move, the tabletop alone will weigh over 200 lbs.

Latest posts

Back