question for you muffler modders....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good replies everyone...

Ill be giving this a try shortly. I want to modify a standard 660 cover for use in my mill. Get the exhaust pointed down while its in use. Ill probably locate some thin wall pipe for it, just so Im not running around trying to find something that "works."

I'm seriously thinking about putting a rotating 45 (with a set screw for locking) on the front of my 066 when milling. The exhaust is alway in the wrong position!

As for pointing down... watch out for fires in the sawdust when you get near the bottom - you know - when you are on your hands and knees pushing that saw in a foot of dust! Such fun ;)

I'm seriously thinking about putting a rotating 45 (with a set screw for locking) on the front of my 066 when milling. The exhaust is alway in the wrong position!

As for pointing down... watch out for fires in the sawdust when you get near the bottom - you know - when you are on your hands and knees pushing that saw in a foot of dust! Such fun ;)

Good Idea, I'm thinking of all the variables, That would be good for milling and also carving.

Good point.

Most of my milling happens off the side of my trailer. Not to often I am milling humped over the log!!

attachment.php

having the outlet rotate though sounds like a sweet idea.

Ha! easy milling... nice... You need bigger wood! Most I have to deal with is back in the woods where you can't move it no matter what!

Bigger wood??? Maybe if I had some SOFTWOOD!!!!

That piece of White Oak there is all that saw wanted!!!

That's too easy - BIGGER SAW!:hmm3grin2orange: My 066 also doesn't like maple over about 24... or same size green doug fir for that matter.

pssttt... I'd love to be able to mill at waist height close to the coffee:biggrinbounce2:

I've used coat hanger as a last resort, lots of impurities though. You can also knock the flux off and use a regular welding rod as filler. I always have some 6013 around....

modding a muffler

ok i have never done this , but i have a 031 av , i was thinking about modding it , can someone tell me the ups and downs for modding
also tell me how to do this??

Back