Question husky 350 saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Not sure if I asked this before, why is there so many 350 seezed parts saws for sale? Could it be the upper crankcase cylinder adapter isn’t exactly flat that causes an air leak between the bolt holes, or is the the leak at the carb boot clamp. If we look at eBay there’s many 350’s for sale.

Use or abuse. Air leak from clamp failing. Or other air leak from seals or cylinder base. The first 350 I was given as a fixer had an air leak between the cylinder and case.

Also 350’s haven’t been sold for many years so even a newer one is probably ten plus years old.

Like others have said . It’s an “occasional use “ saw . The home owner buys it, uses it for a while . Puts it up with a beaten chain ,dirty filter ,and half full of E10 gas for the Winter . 6 months later, he grabs ,fires it up ,and it mysteriously dies in a cut. . . But , it does run long enough for the muffler eject function to work . :rock2:
Edit : I like them . Easy to work on . Accept a 346 P&C . Readily available ,and inexpensive .

Like others have said . It’s an “occasional use “ saw . The home owner buys it, uses it for a while . Puts it up with a beaten chain ,dirty filter ,and half full of E10 gas for the Winter . 6 months later, he grabs ,fires it up ,and it mysteriously dies in a cut. . . But , it does run long enough for the muffler eject function to work . :rock2:
Edit : I like them . Easy to work on . Accept a 346 P&C . Readily available ,and inexpensive .
I love them. Once you get the muffler issue taken care of, they are just about fool proof.

The only thing I do not like is the low clearance for putting the chain around the clutch and low chip clearance for noodling. It is hard enough to put a .325 chain on, but once you have one set up for 3/8 it really can be a challenge.

Does the 346/351/353 have the same low clearance? I guess I have never had the clutch cover off one of the mag saws.
It’s tight getting the chain off . But then , so are some other saws . So, It’s a minor irritant .
As to the intake clamp and muffler security . I’ve used this method when I didn’t have an intake available . None have failed . And , no lose mufflers . 4CA44D01-02E6-4DCC-93DD-BF4011626C75.jpeg97E56A46-3D17-41C8-BF19-F230AC9E79EB.jpeg654219A7-1510-45B3-90AF-DA0A1D066A5A.jpegBF9F91D3-60BD-40FB-90A3-057CE6E6F57E.jpeg

When I built racing engines I painted the sheet metal Chevy orange and the blocks gloss black on the Chevy engines. Never thought about that with chainsaws.

When I built racing engines I painted the sheet metal Chevy orange and the blocks gloss black on the Chevy engines. Never thought about that with chainsaws.
The black , is not paint . It’s done with RIT dye . Penetrates the plastic fairly deeply . It doesn’t take to the decals because they are a different type plastic .

Latest posts

Back