question on husky bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adirondackhick

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,
I recently picked up a " 28'' husqvarna" bar from a flea bay seller. I got it today, but the part# doesn't match up to anything husky shows in my 372 manual or on the husqvarna website. The bar is stamped with #23393 608 00 01 95. Now, the only thing I could think of, is the bar is real old and never sold? Did husqvarna ever change serial #'s on the bar systems? Is this the correct bar for running a 28'' on my 372xp? Thanks in advance for the help.:monkey:

1. rock, welcome to the site.
2. No, the replaceable tip to me looks very small. It is stamped 3/8 though. I have a husky 24'' and 20'' made by oregon, and they are very different, the husky/ oregon 24'' 20'' have a much longer and wider looking tip. I could not find a GB marking, although i've never run a GB bar just husky/oregon, so don't really know what to look for. I did talk to the flea bay guy and he said it would fit, but to me it just don't look right. Don't want to hurt my beloved 372.......... I also emailed husky........ waiting to hear back from them too:dizzy:

1. rock, welcome to the site.
2. No, the replaceable tip to me looks very small. It is stamped 3/8 though. I have a husky 24'' and 20'' made by oregon, and they are very different, the husky/ oregon 24'' 20'' have a much longer and wider looking tip. I could not find a GB marking, although i've never run a GB bar just husky/oregon, so don't really know what to look for. I did talk to the flea bay guy and he said it would fit, but to me it just don't look right. Don't want to hurt my beloved 372.......... I also emailed husky........ waiting to hear back from them too:dizzy:

Sounds like it could be an older Oregon made bar to me, but far from sure.....

I kinda figured it was one of the GB badged husky bars... I just didn't have anything to check it against..

John

Latest posts

Back