Question re 4 stroke mill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leroy in Kansas

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newbie, have been lurking for sometime. Last April 7 there was a thread regarding the use of a 4 stroke engine to which Aggiewoodbutchr and Banderso responded. Stated they are building or about to build such a saw. I'm wondering if these projects are in process or finished? I've begun building a slide saw, and am at the point of worrying about power. I have a hydraulic unit which could be used to drive with a hyd. motor. Just not sure what to do. I've got pics. however I'm so new I don't know how to post them. Thanks for any help. Leroy

Still a work in progress. I am working on the carriage currently. Once I have this together I will be posting some pictures.

That is the important part. I will be using a belt to a jack-shaft supported by pillow blocks. I can use this to speed the chain up a little. I then will have my harvester sprocket run the chain to the bar. It will be similar to the picture attached.

that helps just a mite--come closer picks of how you have the shaft connected to the drive sprocket--and is the sprocket set up for direct drive??? i/e engine on,sprocket running??? :greenchainsaw:

In the picture shown, he has a chainsaw sprocket attached to the end of the jack shaft. My unit will be using a belt drive to the jack shaft that will be "engaged" similar to how a lawn mower deck is engaged so I do not need a clutch. Reason...Im cheap.

Bander, if your not using a clutch, how are you stabilizing the chain sprocket? and are you using v belt on the lower end or chain? Leroy

Also, if someone would instruct me as to how to put pic's on here I can share some of the pic's I have? Please?

Back