Quick question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross_scott

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am buying an old 026 for a rebuild project (to keep my temptation on tinkering with my huskys exhaust at bay) i was wondering if the 026 crank case is shared with any of the other 02x series saws like the 034/036 crank case does, only asking because if I have to put in a new P&C I may as well give it a few more cc's if i can. now the problem with the saws itself is it had been running but lost compression so my suspicions are as follows Piston & cylinder or rings won't be able to tell until i have the saw.

I have looked on the chainsaw collectors corner and can not find any relevant specs relating to the piston stroke specs etc apart from cc rating. and i will be giving the muffler a modification aswell

Last edited:
If I recall right, the later 260 does not even share the same bore as the 026. Also the 026 is the higher end saw of the 024/026 series. No upgrades from there I am afraid, and not compatible with the 034/036 saws. Sorry.

If I recall right, the later 260 does not even share the same bore as the 026. Also the 026 is the higher end saw of the 024/026 series. No upgrades from there I am afraid, and not compatible with the 034/036 saws. Sorry.

Mostly right, but the 260 shared the bore with the 026 for several years before they increased it by .7mm or so, upping the displacement from 48.7 to 50.2cc.
At the same time they restricted the saw (muffler only??) more, so the hp rating went down from 3.5 to 3.2 (in the US, that is - here it is still the same). This had to do with EPA.......:(

In a pinch you can put an 024Super P&C on it, but then you will be downgrading it........

Last edited:

Hi mate I was already aware that the 034/036 crankcase is incompatible with an 026 I was asking if the case was set up like the 034/036 case where you could swap p&C's around to increase cc rating. But if I can not get away with upgrading the P&C to another "Example: 028" then so be it the CC rating will have to remain the same but that is fine it can still have a muffler mod to get it breathing a bit better. I was only going to run it a few hours to make sure everything is running to my satisfaction then sell it on our local auction site at a reasonable price

Interesting!

Mostly right, but the 260 shared the bore with the 026 for several years before they increased it by .7mm or so, upping the displacement from 48.7 to 50.2cc.
At the same time they restricted the saw (muffler only??) more, so the hp rating went down from 3.5 to 3.2 (in the US, that is - here it is still the same). This had to do with EPA.......:(

In a pinch you can put an 024Super P&C on it, but then you will be downgrading it........

A few weeks ago on this site Husky was catchin H3LL for changing the the 346XP displacement and keeping the same name! Seems like Stihl is guilty of the same thing!?! Double standard?

Al:dizzy:

A few weeks ago on this site Husky was catchin H3LL for changing the the 346XP displacement and keeping the same name! Seems like Stihl is guilty of the same thing!?! Double standard?

Well then why dont you berate him? He didnt DO it, he was ASKING about it. Silly Huskyheads.:dizzy:

The 260/026 comes in pro and nonpro. The pro has a drcompression valve and an adjustable oiler. They are both professional Saws.

No reason!

Well then why dont you berate him? He didnt DO it, he was ASKING about it. Silly Huskyheads.:dizzy:

No reason to berate anyone!
I was merely making an observation about how a bunch of members on this site climbed all over Husky about their keeping the same 346XP designation but when Stihl does it not alot is said.
OMG - I know why . . . . this concerns the immortal and omnipotent 026 /260. The saw to end all saws! Oh wait, just what version of the 260 would that be??? The 48.7 cc version or the 50.2cc version? Gimme a break!

Sorry for moving off topic Ross.

Al

Last edited:
You can take it up a tiny amount buy putting a 44.7mm (verses 44mm) cylinder from a later model MS260. Is it worth if? Not really..

Stihl's naming convention hasn't really ever been indicative of their displacements...so thats why its a little bit different imo.

It sure is!

...but Husky have done in more times than Stihl, as far as I know....:buttkick:

Hey us husky owners aren't silly :p some people like em some people don't I have no hesitation in using a stihl in fact I have owned a stihl (an 034 I rebuilt a while back) once and have used stihls in the past good saws but I just prefer the husky ok. berate me all you like but don't get mad when I come back with smart assed answers to add to the comedy of the situation. doesn't worry me if this thread goes off topic for a bit the arrival of the 026 will drag it back on topic once the rebuild is under way. now let the slinging between the stihlheads and husky heads begin....oh wait better not this thread may end up in the AS thread abyss and we can not have that :D

Back