Railway de-veg..."BEWARE" U.K. Contractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms200

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A large fencing company working out of Derbyshire......4 decent companies went bust within 12 months !!! 1 of them was mine, just a warning as they are advertising nationally at the moment , even in the farming news!!! for de-veg contractors, offering good rates and weekly payments.....payment 1&2 come on time then they say fortnightly, then monthly, then lots of excuses and reasons, wont go into too much detail, as you probably know already, or at least heard some vibes about them. Take care.

If you've agreed terms, then you can claim compensation for .late payment . If they still refuse to pay, you can take them to small claims court. You can even claim online

Companies like these try it on and make money from the contractors who give up on their debts, but you have rights, and once they know you mean business, they'll pay.

No Point

No point chasing them Acer , I can sleep at night now, no stress , no worries, no being away from family, just warning people to be wary....very wary of that company H.W.Mar.... not sure how you spell it!! :)

as in pine mar***** a tree living marsupial from these parts,you usually find the big 2 fountains,and martins,really dont care about their men or sub contractors,vast turn around of staff,and all the cream ,easy milage kept in house ,i for one will not be applying for any of their vacancies ,also calibre of staff is fairly poor ,as is work including finishing cuts etc ,railway de veg is the pits knocks the sh*te out of men and machines .they can keep it ,much prefer the mellow pace of domestic ,tree surgery ! not brash bashing up some poxy railway banking strewn with fridges beds and hypodermic needles,

Railway de-veg....

hmm a good mate of mine works in-house for them ,he aint a happy bunny,but hes stuck there now .i was told about there nice methods of dealing with staff ,by a lad who was subbying for them doing fencing work,he ended up walkin off site after nearly eating mar.... manager , they have a terrible rep with fencers, wouldnt bother with em myself .but then again how many times has this happened in the past? weve all seen it they get big get the cream and then poof they gone .i think its got a lot to do with them being able to treat staff anyway they want and then the staff not havin any recourse apart from to take it ,???? shame this .

I used to work for Fountains, and they were dark days. You got put on any rubbish job, including spraying railway sidings and strimming round fence posts on the M1. The managers were even quoting for us to do ragwort pulling alongside motorways..stuff that!

I'm self employed now..long hours, next to no pay, but worth it just to be my own boss. With more work than I can handle, I can pick and choose what I want to do..can't beat it!

Latest posts

Back