Rapelling INTO the trees.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumper

One Man Band
Reaction score
I had an unusual job today( well...technically it was yesterday). Nothing wild but definitely different. I had to rig off a pine tree up on the flat, use a couple of redirects on a small tree near the top of a bluff and dangle/walk into position to drop a couple trees. No cleanup just had to drop them across the slope to try to minimize erosion then body thrust back up to the top and drop the redirect tree as well. nothing too difficult or dangerous and it didn't take long but it goes in the file as one of those 'cool' jobs.:cool:

How far did you need to body thrust back up? I can tell you that I may not have been able (or willing) to do it a year ago, but wouldn't have a problem now with a Pantin and a handled ascender. I'm looking forward to tall ascents now instead of dreading them. I've body thrusted over 60' before and it's no fun.
The job sounds like it was a blast, though. You didn't bring a camera, did you? :p

Stumper,thats sounds like me trying to rescue a parachute.There is a drop zone near my house(2 miles) and ever so often I will get a call from them.When they cut away the main,it just floats so softly that it sticks at the very top of a tree,very challenging.I don't take cash or check,just give me a jump for my time.

Latest posts

Back