Rare style 041 handle. Check it out.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHL CRUSADER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got bored today at the shop and decided to piece together a old hand shaker from all the random good bits from parted saws in the dusty old back room. Came across a few interesting handles that I have never seen on a 041 before and was curious if anyone else has. I inquired with the old saw tech that was fixing these back when they were new and he said they came straight from Stihl. I'm inclined to believe him as the shop has been a dealer since the late sixties and I found several of these handle's. A couple that fit the rigid 041 and a couple that fit the 041AV as well. The handles are solid and are not hollow like the normal ones you typically see. They did not have hose grips on them so I had to add them of coarse. Didn't bother to repaint and make her pretty but she is a excellent runner. Of coarse there were no intact mufflers laying about so I modified a 040 muffler that I found. Just had to cut and relocate the lower support bracket. Any thoughts or answers about the handle would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.CAM01267[1].jpg CAM01268[1].jpg CAM01269[1].jpg

That's what all the 041's came stock with before av came out. My 041 has the same handle.

Edit: I misread the opening post and didn't notice until it was mentioned down the thread that this discussion is about the bars and not the rear handle.
I almost posted a stupid pic of the rear handle on mine. Woohoo.

Latest posts

Back