Rate this guys Stump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better treat it with PEG (Polyethylene Glycol) to keep it from splitting

Years ago I had one working on a big cottonwood on the edge of the river, but he dropped it the wrong way, and it went over my fence and the driveway instead.

From the wood worker's supply source.

You paint it on green wood to keep it from splitting.

It is usually used on turnings for bowls etc

I've seen a lot of expert fellers in my days but this guy/gal beats them all. What a clean cut! Does look like a bit of barber chair but - hey - it went where he wanted it to go. I just can't figure out how he got it down to the river, which is behind the stump 40 feet down a steep bank made of large jagged boulders. :dunno:

attachment.php

I threw one of my gloves in so you can see just how big the tree stump is.

Enjoy!

attachment.php

+1 on the low cut!!..lol +1..the tree is not on top of him +1 hes not dead. +1 it went where he wanted it. +1 on the humbolt?!?..i guess..lol. +1 he actually got it moved?..lol +1 its not hung up..nor did he leave it hanging. +1 biggest tree iv'e ever seen that was beaver cut. +1 sharp teeth. +1 for a hard working loggin beaver. I'd say a 10 for a beaver on my scale...believe it or not i bet he made a nicer looking cut than some firewood ticks i've seen...including my uncle that i no longer talk to!..lol:laugh:;):D

Latest posts

Back