Raw gas in the air cleaner--Stihl 032 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are installing a nova module/trigger unit, there is no reason to remove the flywheel.

Just unbolt the coil, and look for the wires going under the flywheel.

Raw gas in the intake filter

fish---In the picture of the redneck repair that you provided earlier---is that blue module the oem condenser? Or is it the Shindaiwa module that you installed? Recognising your most recent post I am guessing that I would connect the Omega module directly to the coil---breaking the wire coming from the points and leaving it hang disconnected from the circuit? This, in effect, answers my question as to whether the condenser is in circuit after the installation?---evidently not? I have obtained a module from Napa--the Oddesy modual--and have already pulled the flywheel----so I would install the module in place of the condenser (if it will fit the space) if the condenser can be left out of the circuit? Also---my diagram shows a common tie ---coil, one side of the module, and one side of the stop switch. The other side of the module is hooked to ground? ---again not clear on my diagram. Finally----I haven't looked to see where the other side of the stop switch is hooked to---groun maybe? Will any harm come to the module by switching the 'hot' side to ground with the stop switch when turning the run switch to the grounded position?
Lots of questions but I do appreciate your insight!

Last edited:
As said earlier, the points and cond. are no longer needed, so no need to pull the flywheel.

You just cut the wire to the points/cond. and wire in the ignition/trigger
module, and that same wire splices onto the kill wire.
If your module has 2 wires, the other goes to ground.
I am not familiar with your module, so the polarity may need to be reversed,
and I have heard that different modules have differing timing, I do not know.

The Shindaiwa module I used had only 1 wire, and the other is just grounded
to the base, so no reversing that one, but the original Shindaiwa setup
worked great.

Raw Gas in air cleaner

Well---Bad News I'm afraid. I assembled the saw with a clean and polished exhaust port, and with the Omega module from NAPA, and NOTHING! Not a pop---it is sparking though weaker than before---and won't even hint of a fire though I dribbled a little gas into the spark plug hole when I was checking for spark.
I'm about tapped out on this old saw now and guess I'll move on to things need doing that have been piling up while I waste time on the saw. I'll get back to it at some time, I know I will, because I can't leave well enough alone and don't accept defeat very easily.

2114870829_0f71b0fafd.jpg

I just do the rodeo circuit for the groupies!!!!!

Clown or not...I'd hit that :cheers:

Raw gas in the air cleaner---evolving problem

Reverse the wires.

Thanks Fish---I did that and was encouraged that it sounded like it might be timed right now---got some little bumps with it but couldn't get it to fire---It's got me thinking that it's a gas problem now ----so I'm going to check the fuel pump diaphram and needle and seat adjustment when I get back to it----will advise! Thank you ! Lynn

Probably got her good and flooded now.
Pull the plug, and pull the rope a bunch, reinstall, set the mix screws a
little over 1 full turn out.

Latest posts

Back