rayco 1665 ac

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawson's tree s

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
anyone running green teeth on a rayco 1665 ac im using rayco super teeth right now but was wondering if the green teeth would cut better and last longer.

The man that does my grinding runs greenteeth on his and loves them.

He said they improved his cutting time.

Not a personal experience but when I asked him about his grinder he said if I ever did buy my own that the first thing he would do is buy a set of grenteeth and throw the others out.

I am running greenteeth on a 1665 AC. They were on the machine when I got it so I don't have a fair comparison. I can tell you that they cut fast when sharp. They are tough, I've chipped a few on granite. They are fast to change,(nice in the rock country that I grind in). They advertise three new cutting edges but in reality I would say two. There isn't much left of the third edge when you get to it. I sharpen them on a bench grinder with an electric drill spinning them. It seems like I can get about two sharpenings before they don't give enough clearance to protect the pockets. I have no plans of changing at this point. If you get greenteeth, go with 1100 series. THey are for higher HP machines.

Latest posts

Back