Rayco Rg 50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backhoelover

Free service manuals and service tool info
Reaction score
jusy fixed my frist stump grinder. Small charge pump for wheel drive was shot, 1300 psi max. Also had bad throttle cable. 5 hrs later new pump and cable. Test and set pressure to 3150 psi. Now she runs like a new machine image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

Mine had new pulleys and belt when I got it. 1100 hours or so. I had a couple minor breakdowns. The electronic fuel shut off. The starter going out challenged me. It would work fine on the bench, mine and my rebuilder's, not in the machine... I put in a new one and went back to work. Never figured it out. No sense rebuilding when you can buy a new one for a C note. I spit out a O-ring on one of those manifold blocks once. Micro switch gave me fits once... I had to put new pockets on the wheel... All in all it's been normal wear and tear. I've been happy with the machine.

Hi Alex. I know this post is from a while back but taking a shot in the dark to see if you still have any info on the drive pumps for a rayco RG50. I have a 99 rayco rg50 with aftermarket drive pumps I was told by a rayco dealer that the gear ratios are off which is what causes it to drive faster on one side than the other. This makes loading and unloading very difficult. Do you know the proper gear ratio for the standard rayco drive pumps or have you seen/heard of any good aftermarket ones to use. Thank you for any info you can provide.

Back