Re-selling small engine parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joedangelo04

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi my name is Joel. I have been a member here and chainsaw enthusiast for about 10 years now. I know my saws. I find myself out of the carpentry business and am looking for a side hustle. I have plenty of time and some money. Was thinking of buying stuff like air filters, carb kits, whatever wholesale and re-selling I suppose online. Is this hard to get into? T

Not really, I’ve been toying with the idea as well. Check out stens, they are a great company and offer drop shipping if you are into that sort of thing

I would strongly suggest you do extensive research on the sheer number of other folks doing the same thing. Take a look at their product line and the prices they charge. I am betting you will find it is a business with an extremely tight profit margin. There are members on this site that do the same thing.

I'll be your first customer. Just make sure each part you buy for re-sale, is perfect, brand OEM, not from a country with zero quality control, accept free returns with you paying all shipping...........and its on my bench in 3 days.
Why stop there...you might as well ask for a "happy ending"

I don't think brand OEM will sell to me. Just think of the killing you could make if they did. Anyway I contacted STENS and one other. We'll see,.

You would probably have better luck hunting for junked saws and selling good parts off them. Especially older series saws with little to no aftermarket support.

2 things I think you need to do it successfully (at least from the consumer end...I have no idea about running a retail business!)
1) Inventory. If you sometimes have what I need and sometimes not, I'll just keep looking everywhere (ebay, Amazon) when I need something. I have 7 saws that I want to keep running...Husqvarna, Stihl, Echo, and Makita. Do you have all the parts I need for those? This can become very expensive.
2) Parts diagrams. Sure, i can go to Jacks or ereplacements and find those diagrams...but they provide the diagrams because it brings the traffic to their sites.
3) (I know, I said 2) Reasonable shipping. Doesn't need to be free...but I don't want to pay $14 shipping for an $8 part. Free shipping would be great...but reasonable is next best. This is why I go to those other sites, find the parts on the diagram, then go shopping elsewhere.

I don't think brand OEM will sell to me. Just think of the killing you could make if they did. Anyway I contacted STENS and one other. We'll see,.

Hi Joe-
I have a large number of high quality German made Elko piston rings to fit Stihl BR380 BR400 BR420 BR420C leaf blowers and Stihl saws SR400, SR420, 029, 290, 034, MS191, MS290 and Solo 662. Also fit Husqvarn 55, 55 Rancher, 257, and 357, & 357XP. These rings are 46 mm bore diameter for a 1.5 mm wide pinned groove. Will cut a deal on wholesale lot. I have lots of piston rings for other sizes and oddballs too but they will cost more. Been selling rings for over 40 years at Ringspacers.com
Thank you, Dave Reed

Latest posts

Back