Real world 357XP/MS361 comparo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trouble is, that weight statement is a big lie, the truth is more like 5.9kg/12.9lbs...

Source is DLG/KWF test reports, and Dave Neiger...

The 361 numbers are as adverticed, 12.3lbs/5.6kg, confirmed by the same sources.

Big Dave was weighing a XPG 357 they do weigh more.

Just like a heated handle 361 weighs more and the 346 and so on.

I had both saws in hand without heated handles and weighed, live with it . LMAO

Last edited:
Big Dave was weighing a XPG 357 they do weigh more.

I know, but Husky states that the xpg weights the same as the xp, regarding the 357 - rounded off numbers are the culprit again, I believe - but little need to round them off, when they are way off anyway....:monkey: :monkey:

..the monkeys are not for you, but for Husky, and their 357 statements.....:givebeer:

Last edited:
Any fool knows the XPGs weigh more then the non-heated models.
Just like we know the 372xpW's weigh more then the 372xp which both show 14.??LBS something at one site. Which we know both don't weigh that much, just ONE. :dizzy:

Real wold XPG weights

Just like we know the 372xpW's weigh more then the 372xp which both show 14.??LBS something at one site. Which we know both don't weigh that much, just ONE. :dizzy:

With a XPG, do you loose some preformance due to revolving weight of the coil in the flywheel and resistance producing the voltage?
Seems like most of the other weight is just in the body of the saw?

I took the pictures of the 357 and 361 on the scales. They do indeed weigh the same. Are we really going to argue over which brand and model bar/chain were on the saws? Come on, they don't make that much difference. For all intentes and purposes, the saws weigh the same, period.

Which one runs better? I don't know. The only 357 I've run was ported with some piston work, C4F's. It screams. But so does my 361 now. I don't know that it could touch that 357 though. I really can't comment on how the two saws compare in real use.

Sounds to me like they are pretty closely matched, and one would do well with either saw.

I took the pictures of the 357 and 361 on the scales. They do indeed weigh the same. Are we really going to argue over which brand and model bar/chain were on the saws? Come on, they don't make that much difference. For all intentes and purposes, the saws weigh the same, period.

BINGO!

You obviously didn't read what I said - sure there is a difference, but it can be hidden in rounded off numbers - or it may just be another lie......
:monkey: :monkey:

That is in the US, over here the 361 cost a lot (like 300USD) less than the 357, and even less (like 150USD) than the 346 as well, and that is when the Huskys are on "campaign".

That is without heated handles, heated ones cost more than 100USD more on the Stihls here, maybe 150, and that evens it out a bit - as that is a highly desirable feature here.

Hi troll i priced a 357xp all in for £450 the ms361 is £150 more at £600 all in both with 18" bars thats best prices after haggling so thats $900 for a 357 and $1200 for a 361 give or take a few dollars so i guess the UK is a bit expensive

troll, whats your definition of a rounded off number?

serg
As accurate as a weight and dyno can read, is the simple version - and each calculation should make you go down by at least one decimal - and surely not up by two decimals, as in some of the posts here.....:monkey: :monkey:

i was alwas taught from a mathimatical stand point when rounding numbers up or down, the next decimal place determins the outcome,

1-4 goes down 5-9 goes up....

7.62 becomes 7.6
7.67 becomes 7.7

cheers serg

sap didn't know that.

i don't think Goblin or clearance do either.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back