reasonable hourly rate for extremely large black oak limb removal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$50/man hr is roughly the same as the going rate here, for personel plus chipper and truck. Bring in a crane, bucket, lift, log truck etc and it changes the whole equation. If I go to a job that would take 4 hours climbing and do it in one hour with a lift, the price is the same. I just saved time on it so I can do more in a day, therefore it's more per hour but the same cost to the customer.

I work right outside the Boston area in some high end areas. That's a decent size limb but would not even take close to six hours. If there's room for a truck to be set somewhere near that tree your looking at two hours Max. We could climb and rig it down with no truck in under three hours. Even with a truck we would set a line possibly and rig some of it down. Last week we took off a few big leaders over houses. One of which was 16" round and 30 feet off the tree, took about an hour. I was in the tree climbing removing all deadwood and total time in the tree with both of us was two hours. Get a few more estimates. Just make sure there I.S.A certs. There's plenty of rigging points in that tree so even if it a climb job they can get the wood on the ground with ease.

The first thing I noticed was that the cables all looked to be way to low to be effective. Everything else after that would raise a red flag to me.

Latest posts

Back