Rebadged, but what was it before or who made it? ALDENS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Teddy.Scout

Not sure what It is, really don't have an idea.
If I were to guess, I would say homey.
I am sure some one knows!

Thanks guys!

Aldenssaw2.jpg

Aldenssaw1.jpg

Clutch cover, air cleaner, ign switch, upper handle strut, and oiler all make me think Homelight.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
Got the pic sent to me from a guy in PNW that is always giving me a hollar with new hauls.

Again thanks guys!

Probably see it on eBay?!?!?

If I remember correctly Poulan was the largest contractor for Alden saws. I have seen a rebadged Poulan top handle painted red or orange as it was an Alden. That saw may be based on the Poulan 361 or the 400.

Poulan was the King of the re badged saw. They probably made more saws for other companies than what actually wore the Poulan name

If I remember correctly Poulan was the largest contractor for Alden saws. I have seen a rebadged Poulan top handle painted red or orange as it was an Alden. That saw may be based on the Poulan 361 or the 400.

You probably seen mine. I have the top handle, its orange and based on the 25D.

I have another like the one pictured and it is a Poulan 361. Mines up and running really well.

You don't see the Aldens saws much at all, the 361's every now and then but the little one I have is the only one I have seen.

Aldens was a mail order outfit back in the 70's, kinda like Montgomery Wards was as well and they had a few brick and mortor stores. I remember the Aldens catalogs that my mother had back then.

The name was later changed to Aldens/Shoppers world and there used to be one not that far from here in Highland In.

Another saw that I have thats never seen too much is a Gambels/Skogmo which also got saws badged by Poulan.

In my serching I found that Gambles/Skogmo ended up owning Aldens.

You probably seen mine. I have the top handle, its orange and based on the 25D.

I have another like the one pictured and it is a Poulan 361. Mines up and running really well.

You don't see the Aldens saws much at all, the 361's every now and then but the little one I have is the only one I have seen.

Aldens was a mail order outfit back in the 70's, kinda like Montgomery Wards was as well and they had a few brick and mortor stores. I remember the Aldens catalogs that my mother had back then.

The name was later changed to Aldens/Shoppers world and there used to be one not that far from here in Highland In.

Another saw that I have thats never seen too much is a Gambels/Skogmo which also got saws badged by Poulan.

In my serching I found that Gambles/Skogmo ended up owning Aldens.

Yep, now that I think about it, it was Marks saw. Damn its a pain getting old.

:bang::hmm3grin2orange:

For those of you begrudging "getting old", consider the alternative. :(

As always you are right. Dead does not have a very nice ring to it. There again, the wife said " if you bring one more saw home you're dead." I know she would dance all the way to the bank.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back