rebuilt 026 dumping fuel clear through out the exhaust.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frac stihl

Reaction score
I have allready droped carb off at saw shop and got it back and saw continues having same problem. any advice will be appriciated

I'll literally copy/paste the reply I just made to the 028 post right above this:

Two variables: fuel, spark. Your carb was just rebuilt so...... rules out the fuel problem. Go after spark now.

Clean the flywheel if there's any junk stuck to it. Make sure the pick ups are clean on the coil. Check the coil/flywheel gap. New plug. Check for spark.

pull the plug and pull the saw over about 100 times and dump all the fuel out of the bottom of the case. Install new plug and see if it starts.

strong spark, not so sure i should trust the compitance of the tech at saw shp, thx for the help

Make sure you get all the gas out of the crank case from what happened before you had the carb rebuilt. If it still fills up with gas it could still be the carb as not all carb rebuilds come out perfect and if the carb was not on the saw when you took it to the shop I doubt if it got tested. Good luck.

If they rebuilt the carb completely, then you may have to take a look and see if they put everything back together properly. I had the same exact problem on an 026 and the welch plug wasn't sealed properly. Sealed her up and it worked perfect.

strong spark, not so sure i should trust the compitance of the tech at saw shp, thx for the help

That don't mean anything. Three times now on different saws... I had fat blue spark. Could even hear it pop. Saw wouldn't run worth a crap, 2 wouldn't even pop. New plugs solved the problem on all 3. Under compression, they might not work proper.

I do believe the carb is the problem though.

Oh, and if you need a step by step tutorial I can do that too. Don't take it to anybody else.

Back