Recent residential planting I did.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffL

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Been there about 5 or 6 days there now over a 3 week period or so, I cant remember, it all kind of runs together. :p Usually just a 2 or 3 man crew including myself. Stripped out all new bed areas in the front lawn, only remaining plants from original landscape in front are the 2 PJMs on the right and the Deutzia on the right corner. Only existing plant material in the rear bed areas was the pachyascandra behind the stone wall. Masons came in this winter and added the stone patio and retaining walls, as well as the stone walk coming around the side of the house. I regraded the front and it was hydroseeded as the masons machinery did quite a number on the lawn over the winter. Job is still incomplete, he still has to decide on perennials for the beds, and he wants us to plant moss around the stone walk, still doing some research on that. :dizzy:

Sodded the rear portion and have to finish up one bed behind the garage as we wait for it to dry out, as all the drainage for the backyard/new walls runs right through it, and this spring made it a real mess. All in all a really fun job, great client to work with, and a good semi-finished product in my opinion. :) Some really neat specimen plants as well.

Front left; Pin Oak & Viburnum Maraseii
Rosenthal9.jpg

Front right; Fringetree & Viburnum Maraseii
Rosenthal1.jpg

Front;
Rosenthal2.jpg

Front; Green Palmatum? Jap Maple & Lemon Thread Chamaecyparus up front. Clethra, Vertical Taxus and Blue Shag Pine behind that with a small Ilex of some sort to the side of those.
Rosenthal6.jpg

Front right; Great looking Heptacodium
Rosenthal7.jpg

Front left; top of drive looking down
Rosenthal3.jpg

Last edited:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Really nice job and thanks for the pics. You didn't plant that pinoak did you. It's a decent size tree to replant.

Haha, I knew someone would have to nitpick the fact that I said "all plant material is new besides.......xxxxx".

Yeah, the Pin Oak has been there a little longer than just 3 weeks. :)

Haha, I knew someone would have to nitpick the fact that I said "all plant material is new besides.......xxxxx".

Yeah, the Pin Oak has been there a little longer than just 3 weeks. :)
No nitpicking, Ya did a heck of a job. I have seen trees almost as big as that one planted. Was just wondering cause it didn't look like a fresh planting. Everything looks good.Again thanks for sharing them with us.

Nice

Good plant choices and well done..I like the heptacodium and the blue shag pine, not very often you see them.Is that a sargent hemlock or just a bent top?
Except that stupid yellow chameacyparis...nothing against the choice I have a personal vendetta with all yellow foliage on shrubs...yellow barberry, yellow euyonmus, yellow junipers...it just doesnt look natural..

Good plant choices and well done..I like the heptacodium and the blue shag pine, not very often you see them.Is that a sargent hemlock or just a bent top?
Except that stupid yellow chameacyparis...nothing against the choice I have a personal vendetta with all yellow foliage on shrubs...yellow barberry, yellow euyonmus, yellow junipers...it just doesnt look natural..

It is a weeping hemlock, I do believe it is the Sargent hemlock in particular. :)

That isn't, by chance, Blue Hills Drive in Amherst is it?!

No, but it is indeed in Amherst. ;) *Double checked, its actually a few streets up from Blue Hills. How do you know of it?

700 to 1000 perennials later, and its essentially "done". Have pics, just havent had the motivation to go through them all yet. Place is going to look great once the herbaceous stuff gets established.

Last edited:
Back