recommendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for ocasional use gert a poulan they are inexpensive and start and run deciently and if they die you are not out much. i have a 2750 and it is the best damn beater saw that i have. it takes what i give it.

Stay away from the Homelites at Home Depot. My neighbor got one a year ago, asked me to help him cut a tree down last month. He pulled this brand new POS out of his shed. I tried using it on the trunk, ended up dicing the trunk with my Echo 3400 climbing saw. His saw wouldn't run right, the whole thing was plastic, had no power and I had to pull off 27 pieces of plastic covers to even work on anything. The air filter was a joke.

Haven't run Poulans in a couple years, but I started out with them. My first 3 saws were Poulans and they served me quite well considering I was a teenage punk who knew EVERYTHING (except how to properly run and maintain a saw). As I got older and more experienced, I started gravitating towards Stihls.
A Poulan would be a decent saw for an occasional user. I'm thinking something like the 2750, if they still make that model.

I know I'm a week late, but I'm just catching up on reading the posts. I would also avoid a Homelite. My uncle bought one for me about 15 years ago for my first saw and it never did run right. Couldn't get enough oil to the chain no matter what we did. It is still sitting in the barn along with two other smaller Homelites that don't run either. Thinking of starting a cemetary for them.

Latest posts

Back