Need help on deciding a new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so to and you know maybe I can get echo I few more fan Boys to everyone here swears on stihl only know 3 people who use huskys but there the cheap ones under 600$ and the name timberwolf sounds badass
It's currently out of your budget, but the CS-7310 is a great option if your going to go with Echo, better than the CS-590.

Mad3400

I haven't used the Echo 590, but I've run a few other Echos (mostly a CS501P and CS3510) and have been happy with them. But I also have a Husky 555 and if you can get one on sale, I'd recommend it.
Our 501P was in the shop for a bit. In the meantime I broke out the old Jonsered 2153 (red version of the Husky 346XP, a pro-grade saw, also 50cc). I love the Echo 501 and it's light weight, but the 2153 definitely has more grunt.

Alright so back to this conversation I was doing some research and that other stihl saw with the really long bar at the pawn shop with the 291 is a o64 I believe if so are they any good?

064 is a fantastic saw. It is at least 25 years old. Anti vibe is not what you are used to. 064 is at least as desirable to collectors as the 066 that replaced it.

It is a pro style saw, as opposed to the clamshell 291, so it's pretty much always worth repairing.

At 25 to almost 40 years old, (1985to 2000) all of the rubber parts and seals are likely due for replacement

Back