Recommended Stoves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonebalogne

Reaction score
0C97BD04-3746-4493-A6B0-B57312B2080C.jpeg

Hello All! My mother recently purchased a home, and eventually we’d like to get a wood stove into the unused fireplace in the living room for ambience and to save some money on her bills (Been lurking on arboristsite long enough to know that CAD and the time investment for wood cutting mitigate this part of it though :drinkingcoffee:.) The fireplace measures 29.5” tall at the lintel by 24” wide by 36” long. The carpet will be coming out so we can refinish the oak floor underneath, and I’ll probably cut back another foot or so where it meets the fireplace and put matching (or close to matching) tile. The chimney will only be able to fit a 6” insulated liner. Can I get some stove recommendations that will realistically work with our size constraints from you fine folks? Budget is going to be under $1000, and I can’t imagine the cubic footage will be more than 2.0ft due to size limitations. We also still have to go over code to see what our spacing requirements are, so that will possibly limit us further. All help is appreciated, and no, I don’t need to know which color creamsicle you like, I run a Dolmar :havingarest:. Thanks!

might be able to jam a nc30 in there. A liner will eat up most of your budget.

Back