Red Bar and Chain Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tla100

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I picked up some Dolmar saws a while back. They all had a red bar and chain oil in them. I forgot to ask what he ran in these saw, but it seems like some good stuff. Anybody know if Dolmar bar/chain oil is red? Or what kind of oil is?

I also use durex bar oil, yes expensive but it works damn good and worth every red cent in my opinion. I think most everybody in PNW uses it from everyday timber fallers to firewood folk and it's available damn near anywhere

Could've been tranny fluid. I just boughy an old gallon of Sears bar oil at an estate sale. It's red. Kind of forgot about old red bar oil.

Stihl bar oil is 12.99 for orange bottle, 15.99 for Grey bottle. Durex is the cheapest and best around up here. The Poulan stuff from Walmart wasn't bad but they stopped carrying it, I think it was 7.99

Durex and Madsen's are both dyed red. They are very tacky and the dye is to help see the oil on the bar and chain. I use them both and they both run about 9.99 a gallon here in WA state.

I read on the interwebs, that they are going to do a massive recall on dem, bar oils because the dyes are killing fishies down river.....

Been paying less than 4 bucks a gallon for B&C oil lately. Have 12 gallons on hand right now and plan to get more at that price. The stuff is very thick and tacky like honey. If you see some pick it up...it's good.

2615971.jpg

Stihl bar oil is 12.99 for orange bottle, 15.99 for Grey bottle. Durex is the cheapest and best around up here. The Poulan stuff from Walmart wasn't bad but they stopped carrying it, I think it was 7.99

Sell it here, it's about $10/gal.

many generic oils are red. i run a house branded autoparts store bar/chain oil in the winter because it is thinner and does a good job. in the summer i use the husky oil. actually, i use what the prime contractor gives me lol but for personal use i do what i said.

Latest posts

Back