Red Max G621AVS -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaludaRiver

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was in a local shop today and spotted a RedMax G621AVS on the shelf. The owner said it was new but is his last one and had been in the store for awhile. He's dropping the Redmax saw line.

Is this worth looking at for relatively frequent small farm use? I know it is an older design and no longer produced. Some of the archives seem to speak well of the saw, but acknowledge that it is missing some newer features (including the emissions junk). Is this considered a pro saw? Magnesium crankcase?

I'm certainly no logger, but I need a 50-60+ cc saw that I can count on. I have also been looking at the Makita DCS6421, Stihl 362, Husky 353, 359 and 346xp.

Last edited:
I have basically the engine from one of these as a Zenoah G62 model airplane engine. The design has been around since in the mid 80's

For model airplanes, they are not the most powerful for their weight around anymore, but will last forever if not crashed.

The cylinder is an open port layout and would rather turn up a little rpm. They respond well to open exhaust.

Latest posts

Back