REDMAX GZ9000 still in production?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcat22lr

just some guy that burns wood
Reaction score
I wanted a bigger JONSERED to match my 2260 and 2055... I see a REDMAX GZ9000 on eBay... are these still in production? Im bummed Jonsered are no longer around, at least around here and their website has 3 saws listed... so I'm guessing Husqvarna phased them out?

Attachments

• redmax.jpeg
    redmax.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 1
Yep, Jonsered is gone.
There will still be Redmax 9000's out there and they are just a rebadged 2188, which in turn is just (basically) a red and black Husqvarna 390.
Not sure if they are still being produced as such, but there will be some out there in the big wide World.
The Husqvarna 390 run means there are a good amount of parts getting around for them.

Is redmax completely out of business?

I very much doubt that- but in the reality of it, they got the last inventory of some Jonsered models when it was decided Jonsered was no longer needed. So the models that imitate old Jonsered models were already end of run produced and simply labelled REDMAX- those models are no longer being produced and therefore stocks will run out.
But the Redmax company will still trade on after the rebranded Jonsereds have run out.

I think there are still some homeowner Redmax models being sold at Menards, but that’s the only info I have and it was probably third or fourth hand. Most of the pro models can still be found new but it takes some inquiring to find them

I managed to find some new GZ5000's (Jonny 2252's) for sale and grabbed a pair of them before they were gone. I wanted a new red saw before it was too late to get one. Gave one to my father-in-law after I broke it in for him. The other is still hanging on my wall waiting for it's first tank of fuel.

Menards still has a limited stock of homeowner 2245's and 2250's in various stores around the Midwest. Maybe a guy can order one and have it shipped to their local store? I almost bought one when they were in stock but preferred to have a metal saw. Glad I waited and found the Redmax instead. Such a great saw to run!

I managed to find some new GZ5000's (Jonny 2252's) for sale and grabbed a pair of them before they were gone. I wanted a new red saw before it was too late to get one. Gave one to my father-in-law after I broke it in for him. The other is still hanging on my wall waiting for it's first take of fuel.

Menards still has a limited stock of homeowner 2245's and 2250's in various stores around the Midwest. Maybe a guy can order one and have it shipped to their local store? I almost bought one when they were in stock but preferred to have a metal saw. Glad I waited and found the Redmax instead. Such a great saw to run!
sweet! metal saw? like an old Poulan?

I called a redmax dealer yesterday and the gz7000 and gz9000 are no longer being made. They can still get parts. I have a like new jonsered 2172 and my father in law cuts timber, his mains saw is a 2172 and a 2188 on the log deck. He also used an echo 7310. I may have to check his stash of jonsered 2172's and start building them.

I managed to find some new GZ5000's (Jonny 2252's) for sale and grabbed a pair of them before they were gone. I wanted a new red saw before it was too late to get one. Gave one to my father-in-law after I broke it in for him. The other is still hanging on my wall waiting for it's first take of fuel.

Is the gz5000 autotune or regular carb?

Latest posts

Back