redmax

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grack

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
does anyone own their saws the brushcutters have a great rep in my area
i have two local dealers that can't keep the trimmers and brushcutters in
stock while the saws gather dust.
is there a reason no one talks about them much or is there so many good saws out there from husky stihl jonsered etc that the market has every niche filled.
thanks for any info

does anyone own their saws the brushcutters have a great rep in my area
i have two local dealers that can't keep the trimmers and brushcutters in
stock while the saws gather dust.
is there a reason no one talks about them much or is there so many good saws out there from husky stihl jonsered etc that the market has every niche filled.
thanks for any info

I'm sure you will get some responses bud, but if you ran a search you will get all kinds of information.

CT

Good saws. I have a G621AV that's been solid. Great adjustable oiler, knob is right on top and big enough to turn with gloves on. Why doesn't everybody do that?

ive tried just about every brand over past 23 years, husky weed wackers have performed the best and lasted the longest. only buy husky weed wackers now.

Redmax puts out GOOOOD stuff no doubt.

have the ebz 7001 blower and love it. Here's mine moving some serious leaves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzNlFARXdxk&feature=related

the deal with the saws though, is that they are, for the most part, unremarkable.

None of the saw models are really class leaders. Some gave popular stihl and husky saws a run for their money, but then again, most of the time redmax saws are serious duckets. They also dont really make any larger saws. The largest one is a rebadged husqvarna 570. if you're going to be respected in the pro saw biz, you need big feller's saws....

So it basically amounts to the fact that they are nothing all too special in the performance category, they're relatively old designs, and they're kinda pricey.

I have a gz4000. It is a smooth running, easy starting 40cc saw. I really like it for cutting small trees and limbing bigger trees. Most dealers in this area like their trimmers and blowers but don't handle their saws.

saw troll, not all husky products are redmax and not all redmax r husky, they've rebadged some stuff but kept others. i hate redmax strato junk. will never buy anything redmax ever again. their built poorly. dont ask me to explain, ive replaced many redmax pistons with holes

ive tried just about every brand over past 23 years, husky weed wackers have performed the best and lasted the longest. only buy husky weed wackers now.

I agree 100% on the husky weed wackers. I went through 2 troy builts a year, then bought a Pro Model Husky, that thing is a " Bush Hog" on a stick. I love it and will never buy any other, it has really impressed me :cheers:

saw troll, not all husky products are redmax and not all redmax r husky, they've rebadged some stuff but kept others. ....

Yes, I know that, I said some!

At the moment I believe it is two chainsaw models that are rebranded each way......

thanks guys you helped me decide.
the reason i asked is because nobody i know owns one or knew anything about them firsthand
i will travel a little further and check out other dealers.
i just want to say thanks as for the support i have posted a few questions
for myself as well as buddys that don't use computers everyone has been very helpful none of us wants to waste money on a saw that could have some issues we don't want to deal with. this site helps make a more informed decision.

I have a 621, 5000, and 4000. They are all great saws. Power is as good as anything in their class. Run great and good ergonomics.

Back