Refurbishing an old firewood trailer found on new property...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not me! i looked at all 3. $25K to cut up some firewood, and haul it...

some may need it, but down here it rains oak firewood constantly! ~ :yes: all within a couple houses of me...
.:drinkingcoffee:
View attachment 1100965View attachment 1100966View attachment 1100967View attachment 1100968
but to tell ya the truth, liked all 3, especially the processor! 🤩~ i seen the BIG ones at work up in PNW with an 18-wheeler full of logs just down from the high cascades... operator sits high n secure to run it. spits 8 chunks out at a time.... every few secs or so, fill up a dump truck in not time at all. 👍
Hell yeah! It rains oak here too. I would totally spend that money. I would get the red machine over an Eastonmade. Throw in an Avant and a Stihl RZ 500.

It says Fairfax Virginia, what's on the other side of the river 30 min east of you lol.
I am confushen? Do you mean Europe? What makes me like the Europeans? I would KILL for that setup. Tayrl had to fix an Eastonmade because it BROKE! But Eastonmades are solid. I just want something that will do most of the work to boost efficiency.

I would BUILD these machines.

How is the homestead coming along OP?

Things are going well. Slower than I'd like, but that's how it is.

In the scrap pile in the woods there's an old heavy duty frame of some sort. Looks to be a beautiful candidate for a lumber trailer for bringing lumber up to the house from the sawmill. I'll need to source an axle and build a hitch for it, but it should be much better than throwing 16' lengths of lumber on my 8' firewood trailer.

I'll be building a flatbed for my truck this winter, a subframe on my grain drill to attach a coulter cart for better no-till planting efficiency, and then possibly getting this trailer pulled up to the shop. I also wouldn't mind adding a power raise/lower on my sawmill.

None of those things will get started until I finish my 16x40 lean-to on my shop and build my wood shed. Those projects should get me through winter up to spring time!

Latest posts

Back