Reliability/Value of Wireless Controls on Stumpers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumper63

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello, I'm exploring the purchase of a new machine, looking at the Carlton SP4012 Kubota. Was wondering what your experience has been with Carlton's wireless controls for stump machines. Have they been fairly reliable? Gotten years of trouble-free service? Been expensive to repair when do go down? Really worth the $3850 extra on a primary machine? Never had a remote controlled machine before, are they just that much nicer?
BTW, what is a "proportional" wireless system, and are Carlton's proportional?

Thanks,
Stumper63

wireless

stumper 63

I did demo a bandit with the wireless and it worked great. Not sure on the reliability. The one worry I had was if it did break I probably would not be able to fix it myself (electric or hydraulic) vs straight hydraulic controls which I can fix. Also $3800 is a lot for convenince. I don't believe you will be able to grind any faster with wireless. If it was $1000 I probably would have bought it. One thing for sure either way you go the 4012 kubota is a great machine. Good luck!

I'm like BTW, didn't go for the remote because of the initial expense. That said I probably should have spent the money, I'm using this little machine a lot more than I planned.

My next machine will have it. Most of the Carlton's I see down here have it. When was the last time you saw a TV without it??:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back