Remington "rodeo master" 5520 chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can try putting a tsp of fuel mix in the carb and see if saw runs for a few seconds. What ratio are you mixing?
Ibou
You can try putting a tsp of fuel mix in the carb and see if saw runs for a few seconds. What ratio are you mixing?
I bought it off e bay,new ,It wouldn't start out of the box ,my son and i figured out if you bend the coil wire just right it would run,for a lower end saw it has really good power,iv'e got a echo cs5500,,the Remington is quite a bit faster,after one tank full,it wouldn't start no mater what i did to the coil wire,so i bought a new coil,parts are really cheap,20$ shipped to my door,it started right up,went out cutting worked great,got ready to go cutting again,would.t start again,now i'm really pissed,i got it really cheap,run 40/1,theres no piston damage,just wondering if other people have heard anything about theses saws,

Curious that another coil went bad immediately. Was it new or used? I'd test it for spark - Remove plug, replace boot, ground plug on jug fins and see what spark (or lack) looks like.

Curious that another coil went bad immediately. Was it new or used? I'd test it for spark - Remove plug, replace boot, ground plug on jug fins and see what spark (or lack) looks like.
i ended up sending it to a guy from this web site ,he's worked on theses before,he said there quality of assembly is very poor,my advice is to stay away,

couldnt quite pass it up this mornin on the bay.New Remington 5520 for $76 plus $8.95 shipping.Comes with a case.Hadnt seen any remington saws forever,with the exception of electric saws.So now Im wondering if anybody out there has any experience with these saws.Made by MTD best I can tell.Mine will be here monday.Pretty anxious.These saws sell on ama.com for $250 plus shipping so I figured I couldnt go wrong for a 55cc saw .Nothin else it will be an $85 lesson learned, it might cut 10 loads of wood and pay for itself,or it could be (doubtfully) my holy grail of saws lol.But seriously if anybody has any feed back on this saw would love to hear it.
I bought one on e Bay,real cheap,i figured why not,i had teething pains right out of the box,wouldn't start,thought about sending it back but it was cheap,finally got it started priming the cylinder,took it out cutting,it ran good with very good power,went out again ,,,,,wouldn't start,i'm pissed,i ended sending it off to a guy i met on this site,he put new fuel lines in it ,,,,yea it's a new saw,,,,,shouldn't need that ,runs great now,but floods real easy on start up,,,,the muffler get really hot after running it,and stays hot for almost two hours after i stopped cutting,so i pulled it apart and took out some kinda metal restriction they put in there ,basically a ball of wire mesh ,,,not sure what it was in there for,it was making a popping noise as it slowly cools off,would i pay retail for this saw , no way,the chain adjuster is real cheap,and it requires a pac man adjuster for the carb,i bought one,it's more picky about the temperature then a pro saw,hope that helps

Latest posts

Back