Removing the Clutch on Husqvarna 36

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobR45

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently noticed that the clutch on my Husky 36 was worn pretty badly. I purchased a clutch assembly online, and I am going to replace the worn clutch. Is there any easy way to remove the clutch? I have lost the original manual for the saw, and I do not see an easy way to get the clutch off. The clutch that I purchased came with bearings as well. Do you have to lube these bearings? And if so what type of lube do you use? I do have some grease that I use to lube the bar sprocket. Would this lube be sufficient? Thanks in advance for your help!

-Rob

Clutch removal

Rob, First off, I have the same saw.What I did, (just last week) was to remove the clutch to inspect the bearings.With the clutch cover off, I simply used a brass punch with a stout hammer going in a clockwise direction. I made sure that the piston was going up on the compression and hit the clutch a time or two and it came right off.Place your punch the furthest you can on the solid part of the clutch. Should come off with little problem, Ken

Latest posts

Back