Repairing damaged tread on 346

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:popcorn:

12% of the land is covered with forests, its not much but still some.

And Taastrup is flat thats right, most of the country is, a lot of small hills but the highest point is only 173 meters above sea level.

Over %75 of the state i live in is forested,and i STILL cant get enough wood !! :cry:

If a threaded fastener falls out and takes the thread with it, then it must have been previously overtorqued to the point of stripping, and subsequent thermal expansion/contraction just finished it off.

If a threaded fastener falls out and takes the thread with it, then it must have been previously overtorqued to the point of stripping, and subsequent thermal expansion/contraction just finished it off.

Probably what happen.
Because I have had a history with these bolts rattling loose on the schools OE346 I most likely over done it a bit on my own NE346.

:cheers:

Hi

A couple of days ago one of my 346's lost one of the muffler bolts. Unfortunately it took the threads with it when it left.

This is how I repaired it:

Recoil1.jpg

Recoil2.jpg

Recoil3.jpg

Recoil4.jpg

Recoil5.jpg

Hey Thanks Nep, Rep your way! I/We appreciate you taking the time to post some helpful pics.
Helicoils usually leave the threads stronger than they were originally, BTW.

Latest posts

Back