Replacement Bar choices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need to purchase a replacement bar for my Stihl,it needs to be 20" 3/8 .050 as I want to retain and use all of my current chains.
Are there better choices than replacing this bar with another Stihl ES, such as Carlton, Oregon, Suga Hara etc. ?
I tried to use the search function prior to posting this question, if this topic has been covered please post a link and I will gladly read it.
Thanks!

It's dadgum hard to beat the Stihl ES bar.

Cannon might make a slightly longer wearing bar, but for a 20" ?

Carlton is a toss up anymore. The old German made bars were awesome, the newer stuff since Oregon screwed everything up is still wanting...ya might as well just go with an Oregon and open the oil passages and be done with it.

I think the Stihl is the best. Then probably an Oregon. Oregon also has different classes of bars from homeowner to professional and you get the quality you pay for.

for my 2 cents worth i also think you can not beat stihl chains or bars for quality or longevity. just a fire wood hack but for some of the nasty farm and landscaping work i use them for i dont tink you can beat them

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will stop by my local dealer and check on price and availability of a factory replacement.
I appreciate the input!

I really like stihl bars but I really get tired of my 7900 being called a stihl...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I really like stihl bars but I really get tired of my 7900 being called a stihl...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

That could be a potential long term issue.
Dadgum Stihl Bar paint is tenacious.

Abrasive flapper wheel on the drill would cure that though.

If Stihl made bars to fit Huskys, I'd run them over any of the Oregon crap anytime.

Latest posts

Back