Replacement for 028 WB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of good info here guys. Looks like you are gonna save me a ton of money. Now I just might be lookin for a little saw to compliment this one when I get it going good.

Yup, these guys are right..... pop a few covers and see if you can find the noise... by listening to these fellas, you should start with the clutch... easy stuff. There are lots of threads on here about how to remove the clutch (don't be jamming up the flywheel with screwdrivers or any such thing).

For cheap, you can have a nice backup saw (who am I to counsel you out of the new one?), which may come in very handy. You are then also well on your way to the "three saw plan" and so you should at this point start looking on Fleabay for a really big sumb*tch to round out the field. For what your dealer is offering you for it, I'd keep your old friend.

I've LOVED reading this thread, I've got a nice looking 028 that I bought as a non-runner for peanuts ($20). After farting around with it for a spell, it looks like a carb kit is going to put it back in service. After what I've heard, firewood season can't come quickly enough!

I know you stated that Stihl was what you were looking at, but I'd look closely at the Dolmar PS-510 which is very close to the 028. Everytime I pick one up it reminds me of the 028 which was the best selling model Stihl we ever sold. Why did they stop making it's beyond me. The 026 was it's replacement. If you are doing maintence on your saw yourself you will be able to get parts online for your Dolmar. I don't think your 028 will be hard to sell for the $35.00 they are offering you.

Latest posts

Back